Saturday, July 30, 2005

And she WILL be blogged

So, yeah, come on in. This place is pretty new, but it's comfortable, and I'm sure we'll be able to spruce it up over time. Grab a seat and I'll get you a drink.

(And, yes, my French isn't all that great. But bear with me. It's not just la maison de Mei, it's ma maison, and I like it that way.)

I know that we haven't really kept in touch in the last two years, but you do understand, right? Let's face it, three years is a mighty long time to be away. But you have to admit, too, that a lot of things have changed in the last three years. I don't know about you, but I'm sure I'm not the same person I was three years ago when I had that other page, the one with all the drama and the dirty bits. Back then I was just out of college, throwing myself at boys that I never really understood and were - let's be honest here - "just not into me." I had a job, friends, and a loving family, but I burned out anyway and I hated myself for it all.

Then all of the other things happened. Like moving to Makiki. Going back to church. Making new friends. Getting back in shape. Then I quit my job and decided to go to grad school full time. Now you know.

But this blog isn't about all that, not at all. I mean, if you want the dirt and the drama, you'll have to look elsewhere...

Oh, yeah. The new blog. At the risk of sounding like bad ad copy, Domesticity is about living the good life even when it isn't as perfect as it should be - like, say, being an unmarried full-time graduate student and part-time youth minister on a limited budget in a state with a high cost of living. It's about being super fantastic even in flip-flops and second-hand mu`umu`u. It's about the things that make you smile when everything else seems so chaotic (and not even in a bad-reality-show-about-your-marriage kind of way). Fluffy, girly stuff.

So there you go - a true-to-life (or at least true to life in Honolulu) look at fashion and lifestyle. Clothes, shoes, makeup, food, some home furnishings, with a side serving of pop-culture snark. Let's see how this goes.

No comments: