This entry is dedicated to those who are holding concerts and other creative benefits for victims of the recent storm in the Philippines. Like yesterday's entry, this will be updated for as long as we can get more news updates regarding these events; if you want to add your event to this list, leave a comment or click on "Email The Author" at the bottom of this page. Maraming salamat po!
Note: This blog entry serves as a Public Service Announcement to create awareness for the ongoing situation in the Philippines. Neither Domesticity nor any member of the Meimei household is directly affiliated with the organizations mentioned below, and will claim no responsibility whatsoever for any incidents resulting from transactions conducted with said organizations. Any and all fradulent information posted in this entry, however, will result in its immediate removal.
- Quezon City, Philippines: More information on the (ongoing as of this writing) Driven For Life concert at Route 196 in Quezon City can be found in this entry from the Lilystars Records blog page. Bring your donations to the gig if you can; the PhP100 cover charge will also go towards fundraising for the victims of Ondoy. Plus: The Camerawalls! And the foxy Sarah Gaugler!
- Pasig City, Philippines: The Fully Booked fansite on Facebook has posted a poster for Raise the Roof - A Benefit Concert: For the Victims of Typhoon Ondoy, scheduled for October 21 at the Megatent. Event begins at 2:00 PM and continues all day and night. Scheduled to play: Tropical Depression (yay!), Taken By Cars (holla!), Pedicab (eeeee!), and Imago (EEEEEEE!!)
- Quezon City, Philippines: If your taste in music does not run towards indie OPM rock, take note: Ricky Lo reports that Air Supply will donate proceeds from their October 3 concert at the Araneta Coliseum to typhoon victims.
- Metro Manila, Philippines (UPDATED 10/03/2009): By now you may have seen the ads for the Katy Perry concert, originally scheduled for today at SM Mall of Asia, being postponed to "a later date," and not October 16 as previously reported. Tim Yap now reports that KP's concert is now being planned as a fundraiser for the Red Cross, and that David Archuleta will be part of the concert as well. (Source: Philippine Star)
- Taguig, Manila, Philippines: Also from Tim Yap, a fundraising concert titled Hoy, Hoy Ondoy! has been scheduled for October 7, 8:00 pm at the NBC Tent in Fort Bonifacio. The Camerawalls and Imago are among the bands scheduled to play, along with Hale, Sponge Cola, Hilera, and others. (Source: Philippine Star)
- New York City, NY/ Hoboken, NJ: Reposting from a friend's blog entry (thanks, Marc!) - a list of NYC/Tri-State fundraisers, including concerts and band gigs. Of particular interest to readers of this blog: Warhol Soup's gig at Bar Saints n Sinners in Hoboken (linked from FB) and Imelda: A New Musical.
- New York City, NY: Reposting details from the Bayanihan4Ondoy blog: Cabaret performance for Typhoon Relief @ Triad Theatre, 158 West 72nd Street.
- San Francisco, CA: The Band Aid Pilipinas Benefit Concert be held at The Intramuros on October 1 @ 6:00 pm. All donations will be taken at the gate and given directly to typhoon and flood victims. (Source: Mixsterious)
- San Jose, CA: Give: A Charity Event will be held at Sabor Tapas Bar & Lounge on October 1. All proceeds will go directly to typhoon and flood victims. Please note that this is a 21-and-over event; a "stylish" dress code is also enforced. (Source: Mixsterious)
- Austria (not Belgium, as previously reported): Online sources have been reporting on a benefit concert scheduled for October 22; only contact information is given, but no venue has been finalized.