Friday, January 05, 2007

2006: The Year That Was, In List Form

You know, I'm still dithering on whether or not I should go ahead and write a Best of 2006 entry for this blog, mostly because this was the year when I took a look at my beauty stash and realized that I already have everything I needed - which means that I'll probably be using the same stuff for the next six months, unless something turns first. This just wasn't my year to rave about some of the new releases (though I did catch a whiff of Youth Dew Amber Nude - that was really nice - and I can't emphasize enough how much I now love the new HIP makeup line) because at the end of the day I just found myself so completely overwhelmed by everything. So I'll just go ahead and put all my favorites in a short (for me) but sweet (nevertheless) list...

- Cover Girl Lash Exact mascara
- L'Oreal HIP Intensely Moisturizing Lipcolor and Concentrated Shadow Duos
- L'Occitane Lavender Shea Butter
- Sugar scrubs in general
- Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizer, both in cream and SPF15 lotion form
- LUSH Fever massage bar
- Bench FiX Hairlastic Flexible Fiber styling paste (available in the Philippines... come on, Ben Chan, we need to see this in the online store!)
- Bath & Body Works shower gels in Coconut Lime, Pear Blossom, and Cucumber Melon
- Essie Smoothies hand & body lotion in Kiwi Lime
- Earth Therapeutics pumice sponge (a lifesaver, especially for those moments when my feet get really ugly)
- Johnson's Baby Cologne
- Sunsilk shampoos (both in the Philippines and stateside)
- Striped long-sleeved shirts (especially when worn by really cute Filipino guys who happen to be very intense)
- Gap Curvy Fit jeans and pants
- Short haircuts (would you believe that I'm actually going to ask Lexus to cut my hair real short this time? I'm a little partial to what Nicole Richie has been sporting in the January 2007 issue of Allure)
- Dark eyeliner (see also: Nicole Richie in Allure, and Thandie Newton in InStyle)
- Noontime swims at Makiki District Park
- Giving up on the manicures and going for clean, non-scraggly cuticles instead
- Soy candles turning up at PriceBusters
- Getting samples for Dove's Calming Night lotion (smells nice enough to almost make me give up on B&BW) and Deep Moisture Nourishing Hand Wash (my new favorite!), not to mention Olay Definity Intense Hydrating Cream (don't love it as much as I love the Aveeno, but I'm giving it a a shot anyway)
- Ending up with enough toothpaste to last me until next year (thanks, Dad and Evie)

Not much for resolutions beauty wise, except that I am drinking more water, eating less, taking more "me" time, and seriously contemplating taking up yoga again. We'll see.

No comments: