Friday, July 29, 2011

Randomesticity: The Doldrums of July

So: I'm back.

I'm taking a break from novel writing (which I'm still doing, even though I'm already past the 50K mark for Camp NaNoWriMo) but I'm not going to deny that scads of things have happened while I was away. Some of it was very personal, like the professional setback that started with a bureaucratic boo-boo and ended up costing me more than it should. Some of it was awesome, like meeting up with old classmates and discovering TweetDeck.

(I kid you not, Twitter users. TweetDeck will shave seconds out of your tweet-addicted lives, especially when you are as addicted as I am and prone to joining games.)

And some were... okay, will somebody please explain to me why and how The Hotness ended up in the same car as John Krasinski not too long ago? (No, seriously. We are practically one step away from finally seeing that karaoke video, which also means that it should not be long before The Hotness shows up in Manila for the sole purpose of propositioning me at Robot Bar. Make it happen, universe.)

Plus there's also the shoutout I got from longtime friends Ryan and Jen on Popspotting, which totally made my month. Yes, that's my July for me. :)

So what can we expect now? Here are a few things to get us started for August:

- A few thoughts on the Manila blogverse. Granted, I personally feel like I'm lagging behind compared to bloggers like Divasoria (check out her excellent beauty posts here) but I also feel like there are areas where I could probably still catch up.

- Speaking of blog trends: There's something I really, really need to get off my chest regarding my addiction to blind items. Seriously. I blame myself for this one.

- An update on the whole dermatologist front. Yes, you will finally see the words "Meimei" and "microdermabrasion" in the same sentence.

- And, for a change: Girlcrushes!

See you guys in August. :)

No comments: