Tuesday, October 23, 2007

This Song Will Be Lodged Into Your Head Till Christmas

Seriously. It's been 24 hours since I've been introduced to "Apologize" by OneRepublic, and already I've played it a million billion times on iTunes. If it gets lodged in my head, it will get lodged in yours, and it will stay there no matter how many times you try to get another song in there. I guarantee that.

That said, I have to admit that the song is ten million times better as a Timbaland remix. The original OneRepublic song, unfortunately, is way too meh for me; if it wasn't for the Massive Attack-meets-flamenco-beats, it might as well be a song by a band called My Frayed Chemical Maroon T's. And the "official" "video" that actually came out for the version they did with Timbaland... OY. Methinks that the Universal Music Group made a wise decision to not let hoi polloi like me embed this filmed piece of heinousness from their YouTube account.

Thank goodness, then, for whoever it is who did this mash-up of Timbaland's remix over the original video that Adam Platt did for the song. Because, really, it's stunning.


No comments: