Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bring On the Next 40 Days



Now that I'm back from my Mardi Gras partying, I feel like I'm so ready for Ash Wednesday... not because I'm particularly sanctimonious or anything, but after tonight's Fat Tuesday experience I feel like tomorrow's austerity is going to be a welcome break.


And speaking of Fat Tuesday... what's a costume-tastic holiday without the appropriately costumed mascara?



Nothing says Mardi Gras like a mascara clad in purple and gold. (Okay, more yellow than gold, but still.) I tried Maybelline's The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara for the first time today, and so far so good: the brush/mascara combination reminds me more of L'Oreal's Voluminous -pretty and well defined, but not over-the-top. The only complaint I have so far is with the lasting power; it held up all afternoon, but was practically non-existent by the time I came home from partying. It's still worth a few more tries, though.

No comments: