Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Life Well-Lived



An obituary, from The Telegraph

A series of final tweets from @dameelizabeth herself, using her iPad, dated July 22, 2010:
I would like to add something to my earlier tweet. Always keep love and humility in your heart.
Never let yourself think beyond your means...mental, emotional or any otherwise. 
You are who you are. All you can do in this world is help others to be who they are and better themselves and those around them.
Give. Remember always to give. That is the thing that will make you grow. 
That is the thing that will give back to you all the rewards that there are. Don't do it for yourself, because then it becomes selfish.
Because then it becomes about yourself...which is wrong. Giving is to give to God. Helping is to help others.
Every breath you take today should be with someone else in mind. I love you.

In honor of Elizabeth Taylor, I have decided that I will not face this day without perfume.  

No comments: