Saturday, September 17, 2005

Domesticity Friday #7: Now Smell This

Five Fragrances I Wish I Had for Myself

- Chanel Coco. I found this on my sister's vanity table and fell in love with it. It was strong, like a man's cologne, but girlier. Back when I was in high school I loved it; now I'm not sure if I can pull it off in real life. Also, I read in Sassy that everyone's favorite publishing intern, Chloe Sevigny, wore this - which only made her sound even more pretentious, come to think of it.

- Ralph Lauren Romance: Technically I don't own a bottle, but I have worn it formally once - and that was because Romance was the only perfume my friend carried with her in the car so we both put it on while we were primping. Thank goodness, because this is such a pretty, pretty scent.

- Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Divine. Probably the only VS fragrance that I've ever consciously asked for; every time I ask for it I ended up with something else. Still saving up for it, actually.

- Dolce & Gabbana. Had a sample of this from Liberty House, and became obsessed (obsessed, I tell you!) because it was so sexy and fierce. Again, I don't know if I could get away with this in real life, unless I did have a significant other to smell this for me.

- Obsession Night: Okay, so I finally got to check this out at Macy's. And you know what? I love this. Not as spicy as original-recipe Obsession, but still dark and edgy (even with the florals) and works just as well when you wear it on a date as it is when you wear it to a business dinner.


******

On a non-fragrance tip, I was just at Wal-Mart today, where I overheard people stocking up on stuff for their hurricane survival kits because there are a couple of storms brewing not too far from the Big Island as we speak; it's been putting a damper on my plans, really (pun definitely intended) and between that and PMS I've lost my urge to shop today. The weather in town has been crazy-rainy and soggy, and not too conducive for any gallivanting (even if it is a great excuse to stay indoors). I'm trying not to freak out, really, but if anything happens, I'll bet that any illusions I may have about saving certain valued possessions will go right out the window.

No comments: