Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Domesticity Reviews: Sephora Professionel Perfection Makeup Base

Well, here it is: I spent $12 of my birthday money on the Sephora Professionel foundation primer that I'd been meaning to buy since forever. (In case you missed it, here's the review from Blogdorf Goodman.) I wore this during my birthday dinner with my sister, and again tonight while out to dinner with friends.

Let me tell you something: This stuff is fantastic. It does look pearly coming out of the tube, but once you smooth it on it gives you a nice glow. I wore this with moisturizer underneath and powder on top both times, and I swear that the "glow" only made my skin look smoother: not necessarily younger (as Patti says, it's not a line filler, so there were still miniscule - but non-evident - traces of sun damage), but like a better-rested version of myself. And I like how this primer didn't leave my face unnaturally tight or mask-y like other products do. Best of all, the primer kept my face dewy and fresh for hours, even through dinner and harsh lighting.

Overall, I'd say that I'm really happy with the way this primer works. In fact, I'll just go ahead and say it - Sephora Professionel Perfection Makeup Base has practically given me my face back - minus five years, give or take - and I couldn't be happier.

No comments: