Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Short Photo Post

No, I'm not usually that grumpy (and, yes, that's just ice water inside my beloved X-Files mug from college), but I wanted to take this picture to show you what my current manicure looks like. The color, once again, is Sinful Colors in Lying Nails (#335) - you won't see it there, but it's a glossy dark red/plum with microglitter. I have to admit that I'm beginning to like the formula that Sinful Colors uses for their nail polish; so far I've scrubbed dishes and done all sorts of hard manual labor since Saturday, and still my manicure looks fresh. Not a bad deal for $1.99 at Walgreens.

Also, the bathrobe is from Gilligan & O'Malley at Target. Microfiber terry may not be one of the sexiest fabrics on earth, but I'm just happy to have a robe that I can just throw on and lounge in on those days when it's too hot to bother with clothes.




This was part of my job interview outfit yesterday: the gray long-sleeve is from Old Navy, and the red corset belt is from Sears. I wore the whole deal with skinny black pants from Old Navy and the brown flats from Charlotte Russe. I have to admit that I'm loving the whole corset-belt moment right now, ever since Scribe and I saw Jennifer Hudson doing the look justice in the Sex and the City movie. Let me tell you - after years of running around with an undefined waist, it's good to finally put things back into perspective. Needless to say, however, I didn't get the job (for a good reason - it wasn't in my field) but I'm still keeping the belt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you go girl!!