Friday, March 19, 2010

Slaying the Stress Monster

Here's the thing: I'm back on the exercise kick right now. This has nothing to do with swimsuit season, though it is coming up in a few weeks over here in the Philippines. Nor does it have anything to do with weight loss... okay, fine, so I can stand to lose a lot of weight, but I've already stopped crying over those last twenty pounds not too long ago, and I'm not going to start up all that drama again right now.

My main goal for this exercise kick? Stress relief.

Mind you, it's not exactly a good sign when you go to your doctor for a respiratory infection - like I did three months ago - and you walk away with two weeks' worth of meds for your high blood pressure. Add to that the job situation I've been in since the beginning of the year, and you can see why I consider it a miracle that I've been able to get through this without going on a massive hate rampage.

So basically, according to the last doctor who told me to exercise more, my stress levels look like this:



Which is ironic, considering that my sanity levels should look, on average, a little more like this:



And now you get the picture.

For the next few entries, I'll be writing more on the things that are keeping my motivation up and my stress levels low. Who knows, I might end up looking more hot in the process... but until that happens, I'll aim for "not chronically stressed" and go from there. :)

No comments: