Sunday, November 21, 2010

What's Your Fantasy: Sexiest Blog Entry Alive

Here's the thing: There is no way for me- and I mean NO WAY - to let this weekend pass without saying anything about Ryan Reynolds being named the Sexiest Man Alive by People magazine.

Screencap: People.com

On the one hand: I still need to sit down and watch an entire Ryan Reynolds movie from beginning to end. (Trailers don't count, and neither do reruns of Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place.) Part of me doesn't want to know what on earth is up with his marriage to Scarlett Johansson. Also, most of the photos I've seen on the People site makes him look like a cornered deer, and that trailer for Green Lantern is... kind of underwhelming.

On the other hand:
  1. Hot.
  2. Canadian.
  3. To paraphrase my cousin: It's been 11 years since Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place, and his hair is still the same. Which, to me, is pretty endearing. 
  4. Watching the Green Lantern trailer made me realize that - finally - I have found a leading man who is capable and very much qualified to unleash all sorts of whup-ass on Peter Sarsgaard, even if it is a bald-headed Sarsgaard covered in several layers of makeup and CGI. (Pete, seriously - love you, still find you hot, but Tom Cruise doesn't count as a worthy adversary.)
  5. Let's face it: I think it's about time People chose somebody in my age bracket for their Sexiest Man Alive. The best way to explain why this factoid is nice for me to know has a lot to do with the fact that Ryan comes across as a guy who doesn't let his goofiness get the better of him. Which leads us to the next point...
  6. I also have it on good authority (okay, LaineyGossip, but still) that he really is funny, charming, articulate, and an upstanding citizen overall in real life. This analysis, in particular, is quite revealing. 
  7. He told People that he makes "a mean omelette." He already had me at the word "omelette" anyway. 
  8. Did I already mention that he's hot?
  9. And Canadian?
  10. Which means that I now feel a lot less guilty about drooling over a really hot Canadian guy with a sense of humor and the capability to recreate a savory egg-based dish using a frying pan. (Wink wink, nudge nudge! Say no more! Say no more!) 
****

Apropos of nothing, I also got an eyeful of this guy over the weekend, during a rerun of Lie to Me

Source: Comicmix.com

Yep, you read that right: James Marsters, who I absolutely could not stand as Spike on Buffy - and yet, here he is with his natural hair color, aging quite nicely. (I didn't catch him on Hawaii 5-0 because I tuned in just as his face was getting punched by the good guys.) Seriously, I totally get it now. 

No comments: