Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Case for Girl Talk, Sleep, and Coffee

So, yeah, I'm back from retreat, which is at once refreshing and a little disorienting once you come down from the mountaintop. I'd share more, but since there's still Stuff of Monumental Importance to deal with today, I'll just make this entry quick.

For two nights I stayed in the same room with a good number of women, which was a blast because we spent all of our mornings (super early) and nights (not late enough) talking about girl stuff. I tell you, when you get a bunch of women in the same room, no matter who these women are, the conversation will turn to shopping, clothes, and makeup. There was a lot of MAC products passed around, and so did my tin of Smith's Rosebud Salve. There was also a lot of talk about panties, hair removal, and people for whom big boobs run naturally in their families, but other than that there was no TMI to be spoken of whatsover.

And while I didn't go straight to bed as soon as I got home, I did fall fast asleep once I did get myself into bed - and I could've stayed there forever, really.

Okay, enough blabbing, but hey - it's good to be back.

No comments: