Saturday, March 07, 2009

Face of the Moment: If You're Happy and You Know It, Wear More Eyeliner



A few great things happened to me today to wrap up this week: snapped out of my monthlong funk; found out work was cancelled for the day; made plans with my friends to hang out tomorrow night.


I don't know if you can see it through the crappy lighting on this webcam shot, but I am still wearing my eye makeup from this awesome day, which I'm still too giddy to take off for some reason or another. (Notice how my eyes seem a little longer here?) Here's what I used:


- Base: MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

- Highlight: Stila Wheat

- Crease Contour: Stila Icon (weird, but it's my way of working with the existing dark shadows in that area)

- Lid: The "aqua blue gold" half of Stila's Kajiki duo, which borders on turquoise when I apply it with a Taklon brush. I got this at Nordstrom Rack for about $8 - odd when you consider that it's not discontinued, but a wild bargain nonetheless.
- Liner: Here's where things get really interesting. I first lined the top lid and half of the lower lid (towards the corners) with a black eyeliner pencil from Jordana. Then, using a MAC #266 brush, I went over that same line with the pewter gray side of the Kajiki duo, creating a cat eye in the process. Voila: the almond shape you see in the photo above.
Lashes: Maybelline's The Colossal Volum'Express Mascara. Definitely much better this time, now that the "new mascara" gloppiness has been toned down a bit - my lashes do seem much longer and defined.
The rest of the face here is just mineral powder and lip balm, altough I did sneak some neutral lip gloss on my way to work. But if I wear this out again over the weekend, I may have to step it up with some neutral gloss and highlighter. :)

No comments: