First of all, let's acknowledge our last "guest" "blogger" for holding the fort, shall we? A big round of applause, everyone.
(...Well, okay, so you weren't exactly fooled by that, were you? Seriously, though, Rafe Spall is a massive bucket of cute - IMO, at least - and I really couldn't resist putting him in this blog. Even though I still can't get over the fact that he was sired by Peter Pettigrew.)
Second of all: If you weren't able to tell from the title alone, it's about time I announced it - I am, indeed, moving back home to the Philippines, after the job offer that was supposed to keep me in Honolulu finally fell through. I don't want to get into the bloody details at all, but all I can say about the decision is that I have finally made peace with it, and I am definitely looking forward to the next chapter in this adventure.
Just like the song says: Miss you like hell, Manila.
But before we get there, we still have to contend with the moving process, which I have begun as of last week and will continue throughout the month of June.
Currently I am in the middle of purging all sorts of stuff from this apartment, sorting my possessions into piles and Ziplocs, and editing like crazy until all that's left for me to take with me on the plane are two suitcases' worth of my life. (And a carry-on, of course, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!) Add to that the realization that there might be Stuff I Can't Get Over There - not to mention its clothing counterpart, Stuff I Can't Get In My Size Over There - and it's a miracle I haven't gone completely off the deep end.
Thankfully for the rest of us, I haven't. YET.
And so, on that note, here's a preview of what's coming up for this blog:
- A discussion of the aforementioned Stuff I Can't Get Over There, especially in terms of beauty products for morenas like yours truly
- Another discussion of Stuff that I CAN Get Over There - hello, cosmetics from Japan and Korea!
- Upcoming announcements on the new blog-boyfriend (holla at your girl!) and the long-awaited Domesticity spin-off blog (scheduled to launch in July 2009)
- Moving essentials (because you can't have too much of those)
- A final farewell to my favorite haunts in Honolulu... and a welcoming post for the haunts I can't wait to visit again in la belle Manille!
Here's to a great summer of Domesticity! :)