Sunday, July 12, 2009

This Is Going to Be The Last Michael Jackson Tribute Entry From Me, I Swear

I've been trying my darndest best to avoid writing about MJ - not because I don't love him, but because I'm up to my ears with tributes to the guy. How many days has it been since the memorial, anyway? And the papers here in Manila are still flooded with one tribute after another to you-know-who.

It's sad, because copyright restrictions have prevented me from posting one tribute that does matter: the full version of the number performed by the inmates of Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center, complete with "We Are the World" flag-waving sequence. We'll have to settle for the news footage instead.



Speaking of Jacko, and the Philippines: I just picked up the July issue of Preview the other day (more on that in the next few entries) and nearly every page kept talking about "the Balmain jacket." Being someone who lives in the literal boondocks, I had no idea what on earth they were talking about... until I did some Googling.





Well, well, well: wanna be startin' somethin', indeed. Not that I would want US$11,000+ worth of epaulets on my own person... but if style warriors like Beyonce and Rihanna can make it work for them, I'm sure The King of Pop won't mind at all.

No comments: