Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Week in Screencaps

From Go Fug Yourself:


Oh, Anna Maria. Forget Monique Lhuillier, my dear - what you really need now is to get in touch with Mich Dulce, who can at least teach you how to 1) dress like a classy hipster and 2) wear a hat without looking like an heiress to the Massengill fortune. Sure, Mich can look like an eccentric auntie sometimes, but wouldn't you rather look like a madcap socialite than a desperate starlet who can't catch a break? (And, no, pretending to be one of Demi Lovato's head-bobbing minions does not count as a "break.")

Also: Unless you're looking to join the rumored Asian-American version of Jersey Shore, there really is no excuse for you to keep rocking the Snooki-esque hair. Just sayin'.

*****

From Amazon, via my inbox:

Heeeeyyy, a Joan Jett Barbie - just in time for The Runaways! Also, I think those Tippi Hedren and Carol Burnett versions would totally be at home here at the Hacienda, next to my old Fisher Price house and my homemade origami cranes. And we haven't even gotten to this piece of awesomeness:

Barbie 80's Cher Bob Mackie Doll
Yep: Barbie as Cher, from the video for "If I Could Turn Back Time." Wonder if this one has tattoos on her butt?

*****

And now, for some unpaid plugging: 

I admit: I am easily distracted by shiny, shiny objects. So when I heard about Ringspotters (which is, BTW, run by school friends of yours truly) I just had to check it out. Mind you, I am the furthest thing from being engagement-minded right now - and candy-sized rings look like tumors on my tiny hands - but I really do enjoy looking at all these gorgeous jewels all the same. The heirloom rings are my favorite, since I'm a big fan of vintage jewelry. Love it!

No comments: