Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What's Your Fantasy: Vigilante Outlaw Edition

I'm not ashamed to admit that this was the first time that I was exposed to Christian Kane.



The movie, I could take or leave... but, let's face it, the hair and the voice really worked their wonders on me ten years ago. (Heh.)

I admit that I skipped out on him when he showed up on Angel, but that's because I don't dig vampire shows in general. So you could imagine how I reacted when I found out that he'd turned up on a cable show called Leverage... and that the early reviews for said show bemoaned Mr. Kane's lack of a decent haircut.

But that was before I saw the actual show.



Yes, his character really needs to be reintroduced to the concept of shampoo... but do I care? No. Leverage is still one of my favorite shows on this planet, and I can't imagine any other actor playing that token hardened-goon-with-a-heart-of-gold character without a good measure of Christian Kane's charm. He's pretty enough to be believable when he's rescuing victims in distress, and still possess the right amount of menace when it comes to unleashing copious amounts of whup-ass on bad guys. 

That said, it still doesn't hurt to post a picture of him without the country-western outlaw hair. 

No comments: