Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Meimei's Day Off

I was supposed to have class on Tuesday morning, but a power outage forced me to dismiss my students early. It was a blessing in disguise - yay, more time to work out and plow through my This American Life backlog - and it also gave me a chance to manage my network of students on Facebook.

Then I realized that today was my free day.

And then I found out that Aunt Flo had arrived... with matching cramps that turned my post-workout burn into searing pain.

This made me rethink what I had just written on Karen's blog the other day...
3. If you could take today off and do whatever you wanted to, what would you do? Work out, then catch up on podcasts and cook dinner.
Two out of three isn't bad. But I wanted more.

As of this writing, I'm trying to finish Outliers, but I'm reading the chapters that involve academia, and OMG I need to bring this stuff to work and all that. I also have a headache and cramps, which I have resolved to deal with by meditating as soon as I log off.

Until then, here's one of my favorite videos from Michelle Phan:

No comments: