Monday, August 09, 2010

Post-Summer Favorites: Take a Sunny Picture for Me



Maybe it's the gloom and doom that comes with typhoon season, but for some reason I've been craving a big, bright dose of metaphorical sunshine. I miss the bright colors and the lightweight clothes... and I miss it more so, now that I'm a quarter of a way through my weight loss goals and trying my best to stay upbeat.

So it's not surprising that I'd go with a set that celebrates that fuzzy moment between summer and fall, not unlike my trip to Cleveland summers ago.

(To get more information about each item, move your mouse over each component of the set. Thank you, Polyvore and your interactive thingamabobs!) 

The muse: NOT Miranda Kerr, unfortunately - even though I've always had a soft spot for the current Mrs. Orlando Bloom and her darling little face. (Let's not even mention the extreme Photoshopping in this picture, because I am absolutely sure that Miranda isn't that overly stretched out.) What we're looking at here, then, is the unidentified Debenhams lingerie model in the middle of the page: her body is closer to mine than it does to a Victoria's Secret model, and yet she just draws you in with all that confidence and curves and all-out oomph. I don't care how my body looks at the end of it all; I just want to have what this girl does, and get away with it.

Speaking of lingerie: I've spent the last two weeks hemming and hawing about how much mass I've lost from "the girls" and "the back view," and that can only mean one thing for me: New undies! Which also means that I'm in the market for yet another sports bra to maintain the necessary frontal control. Hopefully I'll be able to find a super-supportive one, like the Nike model shown above.

More sports-y stuff: Those Philippe Starck-designed weights look pretty cool, don't they? But I'm more interested in dumbbells like these - inexpensive, practical, and easy to handle for someone like me who hasn't done a lot of weight training in a while. Here at home we have 1.5-lb. weights covered in neoprene, which are a good place to start.

Here's to sunnier days ahead!

No comments: