Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pump and Lift, Episode 17: I Will Rise Up and Crush You*


...Yes, kids, that's what Sharon Cuneta looks like now. 

I mention Sharon here - and I say this as one who's equally enamored of all the Great Actresses in the Filipino movie industry - because I just found out that she will be hosting the Philippine edition of The Biggest Loser. At first I thought it was a joke - considering that a lot of people have been making fun of her weight lately, and especially since she's supposed to host her own cooking show - but it's a good thing that she herself didn't take it as an insult. 

Which brings us to where I am right now. 

Unlike Sharon Cuneta, I do not have other bloggers making passive-aggressive comments about how "believable" my weight loss really is in real life. Nor do I have actual real-life people making the same kinds of comments as well. Thank goodness for that. 

What is disheartening, however, is the fact that I had actually spent an entire week without doing a single exercise of note... which only meant that I've lost my muscle tone, my mojo, and my hard-won discipline over everything else I've worked on these last few months. 

Sure, I didn't end up going back to my old size, but I really felt like giving up on everything else, because I just felt defeated all around. 

And it took me a while... but there I was the other day, using my newly-purchased 2.5 lb weights to get through a workout and fighting for the burn that I've always missed this whole entire time. And I felt so much better, to the point where I did go back to checking those test papers, all psyched up and ready to unleash some major pwnage on it all. 

It took me a while, but I finally did find my own Sharon Moment. And this time, I'm going to make sure that it all sticks. 

*For the Tagalog-speaking readers out there, it's definitely Babangon Ako't Dudurugin Kita. You're welcome, repapips. 

No comments: