Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pump and Lift, Episode 18: 38C

Yes, you read that right: We have a new bra size! Ding ding ding ding ding!


And judging by this chart, it looks like I'll be able to buy locally-manufactured undies pretty soon. You see, I've been trying to avoid the lingerie sections at the local department stores because I've always thought that it would be impossible for me to get a non-ugly bra that fits me well. In fact, the only place where I have purchased decent undies in Manila were at Marks and Spencer... and even then, it was still impossible for me to get a nice boob-wrangler that doesn't cost an arm and a leg by Pinoy standards.

Until yesterday.



Granted, I don't have a personal Bra Lady to do fittings for me, but I do have a fair idea of how I'm supposed to be fully supported before I shell out money on these things. (Remember this?) Which is what happened at SM Makati the other day, while trying on the Lilyette Full Support Memory Foam Underwire Bra.

Full support, yes. Foam to keep the nips under control, check. But... 40D and 40C? Really? Needless to say, the girls were not happy.

I knew that I wasn't going to get a 38D if the 40 was already ridiculously huge, so the next best bet was the 38C. And... bingo. Good bra + sale price = happy girls, and a much happier Meimei.

Now, looking at the chart (and seeing that I'm hovering close to an 85C now), I think that I can start moving around the price range a bit. M+S still carries some good deals (there's a good chance that I've seen these at the Alabang store); Wacoal and Triumph are more widely available, and may even be less expensive in case there's a sale going on. Same deal with Hanes and Jockey... and even the local "grandma" brands I've seen have been coming up with decent undies lately.

The biggest shocker of all? 85C is the biggest bra size carried and manufactured by Bench. Never mind if most of their basic bras are of the push-up kind, because I actually don't mind that for myself.

Still and all: Full support *and* no more sweaty underboob! Awesome.

No comments: