Friday, February 25, 2011

Glosswatch 2011: Life Would Be a Party

This should teach me not to leave the house without makeup. (And/or take my picture in a moving vehicle.) 
The gloss: LORAC Multiplex 3-D Lip Gloss in Cliche

What Sephora says: The Multiplex 3D Lip Gloss features a viscosity that visually retextures the lips, and smoothes away imperfections allowing color to appear more vivid and luminous. The unique formula is infused with antioxidants to help nourish and protect, while the creamy, moist texture helps lips look silky-smooth and ultra-glossy. It combines a liquid lipstick and lip lacquer for high-impact color and the 3-D Holographic effect will make your pout stand out!

First impressions: Pink. Piiiiiiiiiink. PINK. And not just pink, but icy, blue-toned disco pink with blue glitter. And this is supposed to be popular how, Sephora?

Texture: Quite pleasant, actually - not too sticky, slippery, or creamy. As much as I wasn't crazy about the color, I actually loved touching this one up because I loved that texture.

Color saturation: A little sheer in person, but the blue does stand out. A LOT. (See picture above.) On the plus side, the blue frost does wear off eventually, leaving behind a nice pink base.

Minty-fresh factor: There's a bit of a tingle, but nothing too serious.

Hydration capacity: I wore this during a cold day in December and it did not dry my lips out one bit. That's another reason why I couldn't stop touching up my lips with this gloss.




This gloss will remind you of: Cover Girl's Iceblue Pink, which I will always haaaaate with a vengeance.

The person you'd want to smooch while wearing this is...





But of course.

My recommendations: I'm not too surprised that an icy blue-toned pink like this would stand out so harshly against my complexion, and I'm also not surprised that I can't make this work for me without, well, a lot more work in the foundation and eyeliner department. The thing about a gloss like this, though, is that it's sheer enough to layer on carefully, so it's easier to work with than a lipstick. If you can put in that much effort, good for you... but I would've much rather preferred this formula in a more flattering shade.

No comments: