Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Glosswatch 2011: A Refresher

So, out of the 8 glosses Sephora's Give Me Some Lip collection that I've had since Christmas, we have covered only 6 on this blog:

CoverFX Mint Glaze FX, (entry date: January 14, 2011)

Buxom Lips Full Color in Roxanne (February 2, 2011)

Tarte Vitamin-Infused Lip Gloss in 40 Winks (February 4, 2011)

Sephora Collection Super Shimmer Gloss in Ballerina Pink and Rusted Rose (March 14, 2011)
LORAC Multiplex 3-D Lip Gloss in Cliche (February 25, 2011) 
and

Tarte Rise and Shine Lip Gloss and Stain (April 25, 2011) 
The only lip glosses left to review now are the following:


Smashbox Lip Enhancing Color in Tease (sheer raspberry) and Radiant (metallic golden rose): Both colors are considered "sheer," and photograph accordingly... but so far I only have pictures of myself wearing Tease, which I'm beginning to love a lot. More commentary on this to follow. 

Frankenstein Movie (Boris Karloff, Close-Up) Poster Print - 24x36- Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Sex Pot (sheer lilac): As much as I don't want to type this in all caps, there's no two ways about it - FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHAT WAS SEPHORA THINKING WITH THIS ONE??? All of my attempts to take pictures of myself wearing this has resulted in me looking like Boris Karloff, and not even a full face of makeup could abet the situation. Seriously, I can't wear lilac at all. Again, there's so much more to be said, formula-wise... but should I even review this without an accompanying picture? 

And there's more - so much more - because now I'm rediscovering a lot of lipsticks and glosses that I've almost forgotten about in my own collection. Then there's my discovery of the entire Nivea Lip Care line, which means that I now have a lot of sparkly cherry-colored (and flavored) lip goodness knocking around in my purse for the next few months. It's going to be a lot of fun! 

Speaking of a lot of fun: A few more days till New Zealand! And in the meantime, check out the scenery and snarkticity on Domestic Travel - where the natives are friendly, the nommage is mighty tasty, and even the occasional camera crew doesn't bug as much.   

No comments: