Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Case for the Random Celebrity Commentary

Or: I Never Thought I'd Say This, But This Blog Could Use More Sarsgaard

Aww, check out two of my favorite celebrity boyfriends in this photo! Peter looks especially happy to see Ludacris, don't you think? Too bad about the Maggie impersonator right in the middle of them.

(I kid, I kid. But, seriously, Luda must be looking at Jake and thinking, "Yo, P, why you gotta dress your woman up like a dude, bro?")

*****

Speaking of Maggie Gyllenhaal: You know that new Real Simple show on PBS? One of the reasons why I started watching was because I noticed that one of the co-hosts - the twee-soundingly-named Cydnee Welburn - looks like a cross between M.G. and Kimberley Locke, but more adorable. The rest of the show is OK - the hosts aren't bad, but the concept and the editing makes America's Test Kitchen and Everyday Food look like Ken Burns documentaries by comparison.

(And I'm not even going to start with that punk Ming Tsai, who moved to PBS from the Food Network. Caramelized onion sambal?!? No wonder I dropped him from the TV-boyfriends list after I heard about his arrogant 'tude.)

No comments: