Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Domesticity Dispatch: Can't Live Without

In honor of Allure's beauty-blog coverage (kisses to everyone mentioned - yippee!) I offer my own list of things I can't live without, which I have yet to discuss on my blog. Mostly because these are the same things that are keeping me sane (yet beautiful) while I'm here in the Philippines.

Previously discussed:
- Smith's Rosebud Salve
- L'Oreal True Match pressed powder
- Bare Escentuals Face Color in Warmth (not with me, unfortunately)
- L'Oreal HIP eyeshadow in Mischief
- L'Occitane Verbena shea butter
- Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena (both shower gel and Anti-Bacterial Moisturizing Hand Lotion)
- Old Navy by Kiss My Face ONBody Shower Gel in White Chocolate + Orange
- Garnier Fructis Volumizing Conditioner (works even with Philippine tap water!)
- Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizer
- Jordana lip liner in Tawny
- Bench FiX Hairlastic styling cream

Current list:
- Stila eyeshadows in Wheat, Twig, Barefoot Contessa, and Ebony: My 8-pan also contains the discontinued Rain shadow (the better to fill in those brows) and Belle blush (the better to brighten those cheeks). I love how the eyeshadows in particular are neutral, but never boring, and quite long-lasting. I intend to use them all up until I get to the bottom of the pan.

- Maybelline Sky High Curves mascara: Works even in humid weather, and gives great volume as well as curl. Plus it's also available locally!

- Watson's Oil Control Blotting Paper: Best for absorbing sweat and grease on the T-zone.

- L'Oreal Feel Naturale Blush in Mocha Rose: Again, a non-boring neutral in a brownish plum blush with bronze shimmer. Great for giving tanned folks like us a little glow without looking pixie-ish.

- Revlon Super Lustrous Gloss in Raisin Glaze: Got this on Tia Williams' recommendation. Girl can't go wrong - I think I may have already found the perfect "my lips but better" shade.

- Chanel Chance: Yeah, I said it. The closest I'll get to a signature fragrance - again, for now - with the most perfect fruity-floral notes.

- Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Butter: With stuff like this, who needs regular manicures?

- Sunsilk shampoos in Fresh for Longer and Summer Fresh: Lovely scents and great volumizing ability without leaving my hair limp at the end of the day.

- Lush massage bars in Sleepy Head and Fever: One helps me go to sleep; the other leaves me with a creamy carnation scent. Both keep my skin soft and my sheets lightly scented, which I also love.

- Suave cocoa butter lotion: Mmmm, cocoa butter!

No comments: