Saturday, July 22, 2006

Domesticity Dispatch: Let's Get Philosophical

Well, folks, I do owe you a Newsstand Roundup of the glossies from Manila, but right now I'm in the middle of a karaoke-induced haze from requesting some insanely obscure songs that were famous when I was way younger than I am now. (Sing it with me now: I'm not an actor, I'm not a star, and I don't even have my own car...) It also doesn't help that I'm in a bit of a "mood" right now, if for no other reason than the fact that I owe tons of people email and the people that I do write to are getting puzzled by the quality of my writing.

Not to mention that Google has been giving me some surprising searches for people I used to go to school with, who are all turning out fabulously in life. I found the home page of a certain friend-of-a-friend (I never got to know her personally) who now has a lucrative career as... well, basically someone who makes a living by posing in various swimsuits and fabulous outfits, in addition to a side hobby in television hosting. And another friend-of-a-friend (more like a "frenemy" of a friend; again, I know who she is, but I was never close enough to get to know her) who continues to have an awesome career as a fashion editor. And the others who became event planners, boutique owners, fashion designers, yoga instructors, and the like...

Jealous? Me? No. But if you asked me ten years ago, I would've been in for a heck of a catfight. Now that I'm older, though, I couldn't be more happier to have been graced, even for a moment, by such fabulous company. I may have been a dork then - and perhaps I still am now - but I'm still blessed, nonetheless.

No comments: