Saturday, December 20, 2008

Domesticity Guide to Last Minute Gifties, Part 6: My Personal Wish List

Every year, Santa always gets the same list of wishes with regards to yours truly: Job. Boyfriend. Car. On-call maid service. Unlimited shopping sprees at Sephora and Nordstrom. Personal training sessions with Jillian Michaels and Gina Carano. A house by the beach where people can actually sleep over when they come and visit me here in Honolulu.

And while this year doesn't look like it's going to be any different - since none of the above has materialized yet on my doorstep - I thought I'd go ahead and spruce up the old wish list anyway:

- Full sets of makeup brushes from Sephora and Sonia Kashuk, since my current arsenal is feeling quite outgunned lately

- Circular knitting needles and some yarn, so I can start making my own gifts... especially since it does look like I'm going to be a godmother anyway (*ahem*)

- Another solo trip to the Mainland, just like the one I just did last summer when I went to Cleveland. Wonder if New York's going to be the next stop?

- An honest-to-goodness day at the spa. Massages, mani-pedis, maybe even a hair/makeup consultation... Oh, what the hell. Make it a week, already.

- A brand new pair of running shoes

- A killer job-interview outfit. All these dark pants and pretty blouses are nice for the field I'm in... but I want something that says, "Hot damn, let's hire THIS ONE!"

- Heels that won't hurt to walk in

- For that matter, boots that look hot but won't hurt to walk in

- A dress that can go from work to cocktails... and if it's black or brown, so much the better

- Quality time with friends and family

- A printer, to make this whole working-from-home-and-getting-things-done setup more effective

- A cure for writer's block and listlessness, respectively

Mele Kalikimaka and Hauoli Makahiki Hou to everyone!

No comments: