Thursday, January 01, 2009

Randomesticity: Absolute Last Post of the Year, I Swear

Greetings, my friends! I'm here chilling with my family at SisMei's house - owing to several factors including that heinous Oahu blackout and an even more heinous respiratory infection that left me horking up phleghm-balls for a good solid week - but all that matters is that I'm surrounded by the people I love and care about the most.

Since I don't have any of my USB camera-loadin' cables here at the house, I thought I should just hold off on the pictures of holiday gifts and purchases until I get back to my own Maison so I can totally go all-out on the rants and raves. (And yes, I was at Sephora today, checking out the sale stuff... *and* Pop Beauty on half off!) Until then, as the clock continues to tick on this crazy year, I thought I'd share some of the tunes that have been rocking these last days of 2008. Enjoy!

- Kevin Rudolf f/ Lil Wayne, "Let It Rock" (I blame the ads for 24)
- Kardinal Offishall, "Dangerous" (what an annoying hook! but still!)
- TI f/ Rihanna, "Live Your Life" (speaking of annoying hooks: Yes, I finally *GET* Mr. Tip now! And don't tell me that the sample from "Dragostea Din Tei (Numa Numa)" was anything but genius!)
-
Kanye West, "Heartless" (got this stuck in my head after it was played in the SUPERMARKET, of all places! Thanks, Kanye!)
- Lesley Gore, "Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows" (to counteract the never-ending bitterness of the Kanye)
- Duffy, "Warwick Avenue" and "Stepping Stone" (note: I still think that D. is overrated and much more gimmicky compared to Adele, Kate Nash, or even Leona Lewis... but these two songs are at least intriguing, and live up to the hype of "Mercy")
- Fall Out Boy, "What a Catch, Donnie" (if only for the vocal blending between Elvis Costello and Patrick Stump alone... I don't care much for the other gimmicky aspects on this track)
- Coldplay, "Viva La Vida" (I should have this as my wake-up music every single day)

No comments: