Thursday, April 30, 2009

Domesticity Retail Roundup: A Glimpse of the New Tenants at Ala Moana



Folks, you have no idea how happy I was when I found out that the Lego Store was finally going to open here in Honolulu. But since this is a beauty blog, I think it is my duty to tell you about Lego's new neighbor on the second floor of Ala Moana Center...



Awww yeah, Vicky's Secret is finally coming to Hawaii! That means we don't have to embarrass our relatives by asking them to bring home scads of lingerie Amber Romance lotion and Dream Angels body spray! And it looks like this is going to be one of those VS stores that's going to have a comprehensive beauty department - the better to give Sephora (on the same floor) a run for their money in terms of skin care and makeup selections.

You know what that means, too...

Um, yeah, I just remembered that they sell undies, too.

(In due fairness, I do want Adriana's red lipstick in this photo. Hot.)

Sexy billboard aside, however, seeing this billboard does not worry me as much as seeing THIS...



Remember when Vicky's Secret used to sell stuff for grownups? Remember when they didn't market faux-Juicy sweats for "younger" shoppers (read: teens and undergrads), before they sparked the trend for "sexy" labelwear now overtaking university stores everywhere? Remember when they didn't make panties with stuff written on the butt area? Yeah, I miss those times, too.

No comments: