Sunday, November 22, 2009

Domesticity Retail Roundup: Shirt Tales

I can't be the only person who remembers this, right?



Well, then. Here are some of the nice cotton tops that I've accumulated from my last three trips to Manila.

From left: Red top and pink polo shirt from Canadian Club (SM department store, Megamall); purple smock top, Marks & Spencer. I like the M&S shirt because the design isn't printed, embossed, or embroidered in any way; if you look up close, it's actually little patches of sheer fabric "burned" from the jersey, like burn-out velvet. I also liked the cut and the feminine print of the polo, too.

Also, if the red top looks familiar, I'll go ahead and say that this is a dead-ringer for the one I bought last year at Dots in Cleveland:


And the shirt haul didn't stop there - especially when I found out a week later that Bench has a superstore outlet at Market! Market! in Taguig.


Behold: the navy V-neck "summer shirt" from Bench Body, and the lavender "free style" shirt from HerBench... both in my size, which I never thought I'd find in a Bench store!

Let's check out the label here:


Bench's "free style" fit for their shirts is actually quite forgiving on me, because it's longer and more relaxed than their usual fitted ones.* This doesn't mean that Bench now carries shirts that don't look like crap on me (there were a few cute ones that did, unfortunately) but between the loose fit, the roomy collar, and the cute kitty print, there's no way I could go wrong with this particular one. Now if only I could find more...

(Aside: Note that I didn't use the term "body con" here, because "body con" sounds like something a scam artist might pull at a Catholic funeral. Sorry, fashionistas!)

No comments: