Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Domesticity Mini-Reviews: Hair and Fragrance Edition

DISCLAIMER: All of these products were either purchased by or gifted to yours truly.

- Human Nature Strengthening Shampoo and Body Wash with Aloe Vera, Pearl Powder, and Peppermint. The name is a mouthful, but take my word for it - this shampoo is The Truth for those of us with fine, flat hair. One dime-sized squidge is enough to keep hair bouncy for daily hair-washers; lathering up twice will take care of even the peskiest, most tenacious product residue. This is also the perfect shampoo for people like me who can afford to skip the conditioner every other day, as well. And did I tell you that the peppermint in this shampoo is 1) quite subtle scent wise, 2) locally sourced in the Philippines, and 3) a surprisingly luxurious treat after a hot day? That's how awesome this stuff is. (I'm still in the process of trying Human Nature's Gugo and Kalamansi conditioner - which is also available on the Human Nature USA site - so I'll let you know how this works out.)

SAND & SABLE by Coty - Perfume Spray (unboxed) .375 oz For Women- Sand and Sable by Coty. I admit that I was a little hesitant about this one, because of the cheesy implication that comes with any drugstore fragrance. (Two words: Vanilla Fields. Though that was more the fault of the snotty roommate who spritzed it in our dorm room like Glade.) But I had another impression of this one going in: Cookies! Yep, I was thinking about sable cookies with sand-like texture - and oddly enough, I did find some flour-like notes among all the jasmine and white florals in this one. More like mochi than buttery cookies, actually, but delicious all the same. YMMV if you try this, of course - I've heard people compare it to suntan lotion and cat pee - but as a grown-up fragrance for work days, this was pretty good.

No comments: