Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Last Song Syndrome: Full Swoon Mode

I've said it before and I'll say it again: When I heard "Not Over You" on the radio for the first time, I honestly thought that Prince just came out with a new song.



The only thing more shocking than finding out that this is the first single from the new Gavin DeGraw album is learning that he co-wrote this with Ryan Tedder... though I will admit that all bets will be automatically off as soon as Prince decides to do his own version anyway.

But really, it's good - as in "stop the car, I need to finish this" good - which I rarely do for many of the songs played on my local indie-music station, and even less so for songs that are so blatantly "poppy." This makes me feel like I'm 18 again... and who doesn't want that?

No comments: