Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Case for the Holiday Wish List: 2005 Edition, Part 1

In keeping up with the “theme” of Everything I Want and Nothing I Need, here's a sampling of what my holiday wish list looks like.right now.

WHAT I WANT: The 2006 Ford Mustang convertible. My favorite memories of this year were the times when my friend Lola would pick me up in her 'Stang and we would drive around the island. (Lo eventually had the car shipped back to the Mainland before moving to Europe. Miss her.) That ride was sweet, from the convertible top to the bucket seats. Now I want one.
WHAT MY FOLKS WANT: The 2006 Toyota Prius. Can't argue with that. Great mileage, silent engine - the right balance of practical and trendy.
WHAT I'LL END UP GETTING: The 1998 Toyota Corolla. All the virtues of the Honda Civic, but without the slutty reputation.

WHAT I WANT: These sexy, sexy shoes, because... heck, I gotta live a little, and it's been a while.
WHAT I'LL GET: New running shoes from the Nike outlet, and possibly a Nine West gift card. (Not that it's a bad thing, mind you.)

WHAT I WANT: The Vosges Aztec Collection. If you need to get to my good side (and you know who you are if you have to) , this would definitely be a good place to start.
WHAT I'LL GET: In the absence of a good chile-spiked chocolate bar, there's always a cup of Ibarra or Abuelita hot chocolate, made on the stove with hot milk and lots of love, and served with warm homemade bread. Instant holiday cheer.

WHAT I WANT: A crown roast served with all the trimmings and a good wine.
WHAT I'LL GET: Christmas dinner at an undisclosed location in Las Vegas. And you can bet your sweet bippy we're gonna get us some ham and cheese on that table!

WHAT I WANT: Home Rules: Transform the Place You Live into a Place You'll Love by Nate Berkus. Oh, don't look at me like you've never had that fantasy yourself.
WHAT I'LL GET: The trifecta of Meimei's it-only-looks-brutal reality: Suze Orman's The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous & Broke (because those shoes and rent checks won't pay for themselves, my dear); Young and Hungry by Dave Lieberman (even I think he's more accessible than Nate, but that's just me), and Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen by Julie Powell (bound to become a blogger classic).

More to follow as we continue window shopping...

No comments: