Friday, October 23, 2009

Face of the Moment: Soltera-fied

And now we get to the part where we talk about the makeup from this entry.

Unfortunately for me, I went into perfectionist freak-out mode in choosing the right picture to show off the makeup. See, this picture was actually taken in the middle of the kikay process, and I forgot to add mascara to what was an otherwise great look. (Mind you, I was taking these pictures in the middle of preparing for a hosting gig at our church.) Add to that the inevitability of changing tops in the middle of said kikay process, and my face was perilously close to becoming a hot mess - literally - by the time I was ready to leave the house.

Enter my alter ego La Soltera, who we last saw deceiving my fair viewers into thinking that I have found my calling as a telenovela actress.

She took one look at the JPEGs I had in mind, and immediately turned up her nose like the Bella Flores of this generation. I didn't even have to ask her what the matter was, because she gave it to me straight.

"We have to go digital," she said.

"But why?" I asked. "I just wrote an entry about my full-disclosure policy on this blog, and you're telling me to retouch my photos? Do you think I'm going to risk my integrity for that?"

"Look," she answered, "you're already risking your integrity as a beauty blogger by posting a picture of you with makeup that ended up not looking good on camera, and you knew it. You already owe it to your readers to show how it did work without resorting to shoddy photography. And, hello, this isn't your first time... remember?"

I shuddered. I didn't want another repeat of that badly-done wig job from Taaz.

"And besides, you of all people should've known that Taaz just added new features to their makeover functions," she added. "This would've been the perfect time to talk about those."

"All righty, then," I answered hesitantly. "But no wigs, okay?"

So: Badabing, badaboom.



(We had to futz around with Taaz's HTML code for this picture, so if you need - as in, really need - to see the "before/after" versions of this makeover, click here.)

"Looks like somebody had fun with the photo-editing software on my computer," I said.

"Aw, hush, you look great," LS answered. "But Taaz still didn't get the correct list of the products I used on this picture... so why don't you do the talking?"

Products Used IRL:
  • Primers: Smashbox Photo Finish primer and MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
  • Face: L'Oreal Bare Minerale pressed powder in Sun Beige; Max Factor Erace concealer in Natural, mixed with Cover Girl CG Smoothers concealer in Deep
  • Blush: Everyday Minerals in Salon Fun
  • Eyes: Stila Icon all over, followed by Stila Twig on lid and L'Oreal HIP cream eyeliner in Black (applied on upper lid and 1/4 of lower lid)... followed by a layer of MAC Hot Contrast (now discontinued) on the eyeliner
  • Brows: Some pencil (can't remember which)
  • Mascara: Maybelline Volum'Express Hypercurl Waterproof in Brown
  • Lips: Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Kissyfit layered over a coppery-pink NYX Round lipstick (could be Calisto) - though Taaz would also recommend Make Up For Ever's lipstick in #311 Golden Copper
Other Things Worn:
  • Scent: Penshoppe Paints body spray in Fuchsia
  • Outfit: Olive green peasant blouse by Mossimo for Target; silk rose-print skirt from Gap; enamel-plated black orchid necklace from Singapore

No comments: