Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Face of Graduation


I love this photo like Kathy Griffin loves the Mel Gibson mugshot. Not just because I look so emotional on this one (especially considering that I'm wearing the Masters of Education hood with this), but because I love how all the elements work. It's a webcam shot, so I can vouch for the fact that the lighting in my apartment is sucky. Still and all, though, it says a lot.
Anyway, since this is a beauty blog, I might as well post what I'm wearing in this photo - aside from the graduation regalia and the orchid leis, of course.
FACE:
- Foundation: Sephora All Over Skin Fluid Foundation
- Setting Powder: Physicians Formula Solar Power SPF 20 in Translucent
- Setting Spray (and yes, I do use one): Travel size bottle of Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix
EYES:
- Base: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils - I started with Rust as a base, but the craptastic lighting at the Blaisdell made me look like I had sunburned my eyelids, so I used the Slate pencil (a dead ringer for MAC Sharkskin, now unavailable from the MAC site) on the lids and sockets to make it darker.
- Powder: Just to lighten up the whole deal, I layered L'Oreal Wear Infinite singles in Gilded Bronze all over the eye pencils. I like the combination of powder and pencil, especially since the NYX pencils are especially creamy and can crease if I'm not careful.
- Mascara: Maybelline Lash Expansion (not too bad - way better than Great Lash, if you ask me)
LIPS:
- Lipstick: L'Oreal HIP in Driven
- Gloss: L'Oreal HIP in Gallant
ACCESSORIES:
- Gold earrings from Nepal that I got from my Mom
- Gold orchid necklace, also from Mom
- Shoes: Kitten heels, alternating with red flats from Wal-Mart (and worn with hose)
UNDER THE ROBE: A black floral dress I bought years ago from Ross

No comments: