Monday, May 26, 2008

"What Has My Chanel Ever Done To You?"

(Quote taken from The Scribe's mother, upon realizing that airport security at Guam has tried to enforce the TSA liquid rules on her carry-on makeup stash)


For the benefit of our friends in airport security: three of the dozens of Ziploc-ed stashes of products that are coming with me on my vacation.


The checked-in makeup stash. (Some of the products you may recognize from my graduation face in the last entry, so no point writing those down in a list. Just don't be surprised if something in that stash gets retired while I'm there.)




The checked-in skincare stash, which includes both versions of Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizer. (That stuff, on the other hand, is something that I refuse to retire.) Also note that I also included a bottle of Clear Eyes in there, in case I get another one of those emergencies that may force me to lay off the eye makeup. (Dear Lord, I hope one of those "emergencies" don't involve cat dander - even though Scribe has assured me ten billion times that Kitteh is as hypo-allergenic as he comes. Amen.)

And finally, the carry-on medicine stash. I am not at liberty to disclose the other happy pills that are inside the Pocket Pak pill box (except to say that I'm still on probiotics) but I will admit that the albuterol inhaler is there for any stress-induced asthma attacks that might happen. Yes, that is a 0.34 oz.-size box of White Flower in there - as a Southeast Asian, I swear by the magical powers of this fantastic oil, which can be used for everything from nausea to stomach upsets. Which means that the Advil may be a little redundant next to the White Flower, but that's for the stuff that the WF can't deal with - like, say, a nasty sunburn or suitcase bruise.

Not shown, but equally Ziploc'ed: carry-on makeup stash; checked-in bath products (shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel); checked-in supplements, antihistamines, and happy pills (complete with doctor's notes... um, no); brush roll (still debating if they belong with the carry-on); fragrances (Chanel Chance and Vanille by Comptoir Sud Pacifique, in case you want to know).

This means there won't be a post tomorrow... or at least until I get to the nearest WiFi station, which means that I am taking the laptop with me and might end up posting some stuff between here and Cleveland-Hopkins. Until then...

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND, EVERYONE!

No comments: