Friday, May 23, 2008

Have You Met My Eyeshadow?

(Try to say the title of this blog entry a la Neil Patrick Harris on How I Met Your Mother. Yes, I love that show - and not ashamed of it at all.)




True story: Once up on a time, I was such a makeup geek that when ER started shooting episodes here in Hawaii, I wanted to hunt down Anthony Edwards just to tell him that I was such a big Stila fan. Why? Because Anthony Edwards is married to Stila founder Jeanine Lobell - and I thought it would be more flattering for him to know that I was a big fan of his wife's work. Hee!
(Your turn, Patrick and Jillian.)

Okay, so the Stila 8-pan I'm brandishing here is old - having survived several trips to the Philippines, countless moments of "experimentation" in college, and a magnet mishap that caused it to turn into a 7-pan - but the remaining contents of this box are already staples in my wardrobe.

Clockwise from top left (see swatches from the Stila website): Twig, Rain (discontinued), Wheat, and Barefoot Contessa.

(...Um, is it so wrong to think that I bought that last eyeshadow because it reminded me more of Ina Garten than Ava Gardner?)

And as for the past inhabitants of this case, let's say a prayer for the following:

  • Belle blush (got really pink for me; passed it on to a friend)
  • Delaunay eyeshadow (renamed "Launey" on the site; casualty of magnet loss)
  • Diamond Lil (bought it when I saw it on Gwyneth Paltrow in a magazine; has since disintegrated)
  • Kitten (did not survive Manila trip; was replaced by Wheat at Guam airport)
  • Ebony (lasted for ages before I got sick of it and it went bad on its own)

Someday, I will fill up the rest of those pukas with the Stila eyeshadow duos, which are now available in pan form and are supposed to fit into the palettes. Until then, they're going with me to Cleveland. Can't wait!

No comments: