Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Case for the Holiday Lull

Still kind of sick today; I thought I could make it to class yesterday because the sniffles had died down, but apparently I still need to get my rest on and just concentrate on studying, which shouldn't be too hard.

Since I believe I'll be on the computer for the rest of the day today (this is what happens when you're doing a major research paper that needs more APA-style attributions - die, sore throat, die), I just though I'd let you know that I just found out about Apartment Therapy, and I'm loving it so much that I'm putting it on my sidebar. Lord knows I could use more ideas for my apartment before the 'rents fly out here for Christmas. (Link via Tomato Nation.)

Question: Do I have my holiday wish list ready yet? Answer: Doubtful - I'm still way too out of it right now, and all I can think of is that 1) I'm on a budget and 2) I'm going to spend Christmas in Vegas for the great big family reunion, so any major Christmas shopping of any sort won't make any sense. (This probably explains why I'm telling people to "surprise me" this year. Who knows, though, I might end up pointing them to Sephora, Pottery Barn, and Williams Sonoma anyway.) But I do have at least a couple of friends who could use some cheering up this season, and at least I already got the baby gifts for Bunny.

If you do want to cheer me up, though (without having to do anything illegal), I'll make it simple for you: Red Fire Bar. Throw in a Woolloomooloo and I'm a happy camper.

No comments: