Now we get into the discussion of where the usual Domesticity stuff fits into the scheme of things.
Right now I have a closet full of work clothes, and I need to go to the dressmaker soon to get a formal dress made in time for an event in June. (My dressmaker already has my measurements pre-Makeover Project, so it's too soon for her to re-measure me.) I can't do anything about this wardrobe until I am absolutely sure that I've lost at least 20 pounds, so until that happens, I'll have to stick to alterations at the local tailor.
In the meantime, here are my Domesticity Rewards for my weight loss goals:
- 10 pounds: Manicure and pedicure.
- 15 pounds: New makeup - and by this I actually mean going to Manila and plunking down some cash for some high quality stuff at a department store counter, as opposed to the cheap thrills that I can get at Mercury Drug. A new fragrance would be nice, too.
- 20-25 pounds: Definitely a new pair of shoes. By this time I'll need to buy a new pair of running shoes, since the Reeboks that I bought last year might not age well into the next few years. Also, depending on how my knees are doing, I'll be able to treat myself to some high heels.
- 30-35 pounds: Start transitioning my wardrobe back to regular women's sizes. (Scribey tells me that Mango tends to be quite figure-friendly, so I'm thinking that a pilgrimage would be in order.) Also - depending on my schedule - a full spa day.
- Target weight: CELEBRATION! And by "celebration" I actually mean "spending the whole day at Alabang Town Center, shopping for a new wardrobe."
Until then... ten less pounds, here we come!
Next entry: My first cross-post from my new SparkPeople blog!