Thursday, May 27, 2010

What's Your Fantasy: Guy Who Looks Like My Ex Edition

We interrupt the ongoing Makeover Project with a steaming hot dose of  testosterone.


(Photo credit for screen grab: USA Network.)

Unfortunately, said dose of testosterone bears a slight resemblance to a guy I once dated in college... and not even one I want to remember fondly, since it took me a whole year to realize that He Just Wasn't That Into Me. Yowch.

Anyway... can we talk about Frederick Weller here? We've been getting reruns of In Plain Sight here in the Philippines these last few weeks, and yesterday I hit upon a major jackpot: two different seasons running on two different channels, with both of them showing some unprecedented hotness from US Marshal Marshall Mann himself.

One channel - the earlier season - showed him in a basement, wearing a wifebeater and getting all wet for some reason-or-other. Unfortunately, the room got hot all of a sudden, and I was forced to change the channel back to the one showing the later season.

That's when I stumbled upon this monologue, as he gives a toast to his partner's engagement:

Here's to the best friend I've ever had, could ever hope to have, a girl for whom no man will ever be good enough, I hope you know that... I love you, and I wish for you nothing but a lifetime of happiness.

And this was my reaction: "Dang, that's so... wait, did he just say 'I love you' to Mary Whatsherface?"

Weller just kills that monologue so much that even the way he says "I love you" is just heartbreaking, knowing that she's not going to love him back right away because she's getting married to a much hotter guy. Then the camera goes to Mary McCormack's face, where it looks like she's going to die from all that awkwardness and WTF-ness... and that, my friends, is how you deal with unresolved sexual tension. (Bones and NCIS, are you listening to me?)

And... scene.

Due to a much-needed weekend away from my computer, The Makeover Project will return next week. Stay tuned for more entries about body issues, insane workouts, and all sorts of diet craziness!

No comments: