Sunday, May 02, 2010

Scenes from a Birthday

This is yours truly at the Makati Shangri-La Hotel. Note how gorgeous this place is; the lobby smells fantastic (seriously, it smells like somebody dusted the whole place with perfumed powder) and the architecture is as breathtaking as it was when it first went up 15 years ago. The MeiParents took me here for my birthday lunch, which I enjoyed immensely.

Spotted at National Bookstore in Power Plant: Lauren Luke Looks: 25 Celebrity and Everyday Makeup Tutorials. Twee cover aside, this looks like a pretty interesting compendium of her YouTube tutorials. Anyone read this yet?

Reason # 5498 why my sister is awesome: She was the one who sent over the Sonia Kashuk Double Duty Brush Set for my birthday. Personally, I couldn't be happier since it hasn't been easy for me to find decent makeup brushes in Manila, and I just love the soft, silky feel of these ones - especially the brushes with the Taklon heads. (My personal favorite has got to be the "crease" brush at the other end of the eyebrow comb.) Can't wait to do more with these babies!

1 comment:

mic said...

the sigma brushes from Ulta are very comparable to Mac brushes:-)

and so glad you have a wonderful bday