Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Makeover Project, Episode 5: Now with Monthly Favorites!

I think the slogan for this set speaks for itself.


This is the Polyvore set that I should put up on my refrigerator, so I can look at it every day and think twice before I get to that hidden stash of peanut butter.

Details, after the jump



The muse: Seeing Christina Hendricks in the annual Women We Love issue of Esquire has prompted me to decide that THIS is the body I'm working for in this project. Granted, I doubt that I'll still have the same amount of boobage as Christina's by the time I lose the intended weight - and the boobage, BTW, is what's leading people to think that she's chunkier than she really is - but... c'mon. Look at how soft and touchable everything is about her - those hips, those arms, her waist, her legs. No wonder everyone wants to get with that. We'll talk about guns and six-pack abs when we get past this point - but until then, give me voluptuous without the flab, and I'll be happy.

The shoes: On one hand, you've got the Asics Gel Nimbus 11 - basically, the shoe for an underpronator like me, since I tend to bounce back and forth between walking, running, and aerobics. On the other hand: Nine West heels. I'd probably justify this purchase in terms of practicality and comfort and whatnot, but who cares? They're high heels, and I'd like to be able to wear them without toppling over myself.

(If only it was easier to buy running shoes in the Philippines, though: My brother once went to Mall of Asia asking for the New Balance 760 running shoe, and he was told by the salesman that he'll have to wait for the sale if he wanted New Balance shoes for PhP760. Horrors!)

Dance off the Inches: Dance It off BallroomThe moves: My mom's ballroom-dancing group has since disbanded, which means that I now have to find a new class to get my groove on. Right now I'm digging the Dance Off The Inches series; I currently have Dance It Off Ballroom, which I love to bits, but I've also added Hip Hop Party to my wish list, since I've been struggling with my MTV-style moves lately. As long as I can get moving without the need to install a stripper pole in my bedroom (which I shouldn't, BTW - hello, I live with my parents), I should be perfectly fine.

The gear: We usually recycle water bottles in this house, but I think it would be nice to have a Sigg Water Bottle (or something similar) to carry around, especially when I'm working out and I don't want to keep taking glasses out of the pantry. Another nice thing to have around the house would be a good body wash for the post-workout shower, like the Burt's Bees Radiance Exfoliating Body Wash shown here. (I'd also settle for the less-expensive variations of the ones mentioned above, too - but only as long as it works wonders.)

The other swag: Again, it's too bad Mally Beauty isn't available here... but the City Chick Smokey Eye Kit shown here is a fair-enough representation of what I might be looking at as a post-weight loss treat. (Besides, mama could use a new eyeliner soon!) And Lord knows how long I've drooled over 18 La Lune by Dolce & Gabbana, too - but at this point, I'll take practically anything that can make me smell good. ;)

Check back in the next few days for more episodes and cross-posts from my SparkPeople blog!

No comments: